I was having a serious case of the Mondays yesterday. Yes, I am well aware that it was Tuesday, but that did not change just how Monday it was. The day dragged, and by the time I was home from the gym, I was DONE. Wrap me up in a blanket, tuck me in, I’m ready for bed at 9:00 kind of done. Luckily, something in my subconscious must have thought I was going to end up this way because I had chosen to prepare a slow-cooker dinner for last night. The recipe below is another one of my mom’s finds. I honestly don’t know which magazine or publication it came from. All I know is that it is VERY easy to assemble, requires no pre-cooking, The other great part of this recipe is that it cooks for 8-10 hours on low, which makes it teacher friendly since it still has to cook even after work is over if it is set at 7 am!
Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas
- 1lb flank steak, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 green pepper, chopped in 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 packet your favorite fajita seasoning mix
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with diced chiles
- Add the steak, veggies, seasoning, and tomatoes to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Set the cooker to low, and cook, covered, for 8-10 hours.
- When ready to serve, stir again and make sure beef falls apart in shreds. Enjoy with cheese, sour cream, salsa, or more.