I decided to try this new craze- sheet pan dinners-last night. It was one of those nights where I did not want to do dishes, and honestly, my grocery selection of veggies was pretty slim. I looked up Skinnytaste’s best chicken recipes and this one came up. Seeming relatively simple, I went for it. The whole concept behind a sheet pan dinner is that your whole meal fits in one roasting pan. I was a little leery of the cook time and temperature, but this recipe turned out great. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a 30-minute meal on a busy weeknight. One of the other pros is that this is definitely a “set it and forget it” kind of meal. Once it’s dumped on the pan, you touch it once before it is done, making it a great meal when there are chores, dishes, work, etc to be done.
A side note: definitely marinade according to the recipe- even if it is just 30 minutes. The chicken gained SO MUCH flavor just from that little bit of time. Feel free to use whatever roastable veggies you have on hand. I had brussels sprouts, so I used those, but you could also use carrots, potatoes, zucchini, turnips/parsnips, etc.
Sheet Pan Dinner: Italian Chicken and Vegetables
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Roasting veggies (your choice)- about 1/2lb to 1lb
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2-3 teaspoons basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees- yes hot and high for optimal veggie roasting! Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except cooking spray. Let sit at room temp for 30 minutes covered with plastic wrap, or up to overnight in the fridge.
- Spread all ingredients on the baking tray. Bake 20 minutes, flip, and bake an additional ten. This will now be ready to serve!