It was one of those weeknight meals where I just wanted magic dinner to be done. If it hadn’t been something I could cook in the crock pot, it would have been one of those nights I would have ordered take out (preferably delivery). Luckily, Skinnytaste came to the rescue with this 3 hour slow cooker dinner. I threw it in the pot when I got home from work, and was able to pick at it throughout my three hour grad school online meeting. I liked this one a lot- it was simple and pantry-friendly. I had everything on hand from other recipes; it was just a matter of dumping and combining it together!
Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sriracha hot chili sauce, or more to taste
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 medium scallions, chopped for garnish
- Put chicken in slow cooker and season with pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients through sriracha. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 3 hours
- When time is up, add sesame seeds, raise heat to high, and cook 15 more minutes
- Serve with brown rice!