Mitch got a cookbook last year called Cooking with ketchup. As the name implies, every recipe uses ketchup as a key ingredient. This recipe was simple and flavorful to whip up out of virtually nothing. This recipe was easy, foolproof honestly, and took pretty much no ingredients and time. Plus it was flavorful and tasted like we cooked all day!
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 green and red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pot (approximately 2 cups) cooked, brown rice
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 lb frozen, cooked shrimp
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add the veggies and cook until softened. Season with a little salt.
- Once veggies are soft, add rice, stock, ketchup, cayenne pepper sauce. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid, add shrimp and parsley, and cook 5-10 more minutes uncovered.
- Serve and enjoy!