Work nights can be the worst- a late day at work, then errands afterwords, and you are left wondering “what about dinner” right around 9pm. Which is promptly followed by falling asleep immediately. This dinner was inspired by one of those nights. All of these components could be made ahead of time and assembled last minute, or if you cook it all start to finish, this is a 20 minute meal. The sauce is really what makes this dish special. Some will be used inside the quesadilla, and I strongly encourage that the rest is used as a dipping sauce/condiment after cooking.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chili sauce (I used thai sweet chile sauce since I had some left over from another recipe, but you can use regular as well)
- 1-2 tablespoons of sriracha
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, and shredded
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1/4-1/2 onion, sliced in strips (depending on how large the onion)
- Monterray jack cheese
- Assemble the sauce : combine sour cream, chili sauce, and sriracha in a small bowl and set aside.
- Saute the veggies: in a large skillet, saute the peppers and onions until softened and slightly caramelized (about 10 minutes)
- Remove the veggies, wipe the pan down, and begin heating to medium-low heat.
- Assemble the quesadillas: start with a thin layer of the sauce, add some of the sauteed veggies, add some chicken, top with cheese and fold. Add to the hot pan and heat through on both sides.