Well the move is officially done! After a whirlwind of a weekend, the dust is finally settling and the boxes have disappeared. I forgot how hectic moving is. It’s simultaneously knowing your routine and organization and structure from an old place while also trying to adjust and improve for the new place. We finally got a chance to cook at home and try out the new stove last night. I forgot to photograph the meal though- oh well! I was looking for recipes with mostly staple ingredients, but that would also be a tasty first meal here.
Sriracha and Honey Chicken Thighs
- Chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- Combine everything except for chicken thighs in a large bag or bowl. Add the chicken thighs. Let this marinate at least 30 minutes, and up to overnight, in the fridge.
- When you are ready to cook, use a large sauté pan, cast iron skillet, or grill to cook the thighs. If cooking indoors, make sure there is either cooking spray or oil in the pan. Lay the thighs skin side down, then start to heat the pan to medium. Pour the marinade over the top.
- Cook on the skin side about 10-12 minutes, until skin is crisp. There will be some charred/black bits from the honey.
- Flip and continue cooking between 5 and 10 more minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.